Monday, December 14, 2009

Another difficult night

There are nights when I just can't sleep, and this is one of them. So here are some random thoughts.

I don't understand how we can have so many stupid people in the world. Now I am not talking about people who are physically unable to think, I am talking about people with perfectly sound minds that won't think. We have free public education (not the greatest but decent) and I know most of the people I am talking about have graduated from at least high school, yet they don't understand simple concepts like "if you spend all of your money on fancy cars you won't have anything to eat". Several people I have met believe this is due to a government conspiracy to keep the voters stupid and under control, but they shouldn't be this stupid unless the government is putting stupid pills into our drinking water. I just don't get it.

Another thing I will never understand is why a woman will stay with a man that abuses her when there are so many good (but not good looking) men available. Is being married to a good looking man that cheats on you and treats you like dirt truly better than being married to a man that doesn't cheat on you but is ugly or walks with a limp? It seems bizzare to me.

One of the few things I do understand is that the older I get the more I dislike winter. I am tired of the snow and ice. And now my joints hurt because of the cold. It makes me wonder why my ancestors decided to live in Michigan. Sure it is better than a desert, but there are some decent parts of the country. Why didn't they go there?

No comments: