Tuesday, January 20, 2009

So what's this whole life thingy about?

I have spent a lot of time thinking about life and I still don't know what it is all about. The only thing I am sure of is that we have a brain for a reason, so we should use it. Think about things. Question everything. Come up with your own answers.

I have no idea if there is a god or not. I don't know if there is an afterlife or not. But I am not sure it matters. It is easier to destroy than create. If everyone spent their time destroying things the world would end fairly quickly. If everyone spent their time creating things the world would be a much nicer place to live. So where possible I create instead of destroy. I help instead of hurt. I don't do these things to earn a spot in the afterlife, I do them to make life better for myself and others. So does it really matter if there is a god or not? My actions would remain the same either way.

As I said above, it is easier to destroy than create. I have noticed in life that many times the right answer is often the harder answer. Not always, but very often. Going to college was hard, but I make a lot more money now than I would have if I hadn't gone to college. Learning to build things was hard, but I have used that skill to help myself and others. I am not sure why the right answer is often the harder answer, but it seems to be true.

One of the unfortunate parts about the above truth is that it makes life hard and often painful. I haven't figured out how to fix this yet, but I am working on it.

No comments: