Sunday, January 4, 2009

First Thoughts

Well here is the first post of my blog. Don't expect too much, I am new at this whole blogging thingy.

Let's see, what should I say. Hmmm. Perhaps some random information to get things started.

I am a database developer, which means I design how information gets in and out of computers as well as how it is stored. Even among techno-geeks this is a specialty field, so people rarely understand why I get so angry about poorly designed computer systems.

I am a single dad, my son is 15 at the moment. He has a form of autism called hyperlexia, which means he was born with the ability to read but had a hard time learning to speak. Being a single dad gives me little time to do other things in life. I am working on developing a hobby, but so far none of them has stuck.

I have an odd sense of humor, so if you find a post saying small animals have stolen my head you can be fairly sure it is humor and not a lack of medication. Fairly sure.

I like to consider myself fairly open minded. I figure people have a right to have other viewpoints than mine. So I have no problems with other people's religions, how they choose to live, or what they do in private. Be warned however that I am willing to adopt your beliefs should I find them offensive. If you believe you have the right to drive over my lawn you can expect to find me doing donuts on yours.

No comments: