Sunday, January 2, 2011

Organizing my work shop

Now that I am starting to feel better I am finally cleaning up my garage and organizing my work shop. Due to the freezing weather I can only work for 15 minutes at a time, but still it is nice to be able to work.

One problem with organizing is trying to figure out which things go with which. Should the wood screws get tucked in with the other woodworking tools or should they be up front for standard household maintenance? Should I put the liquids in the house where they won't freeze or should I keep them outside where a spill won't cost so much to fix? Not soul searching problems, which is nice for a change. I do most of my soul searching when I can't sleep anyway.

2 comments:

Misti said...

Would a foam storage cooler keep them from freezing?

Unknown said...

It would help for a couple of days but eventually the heat would escape and they would freeze. Some things aren't affected by freezing so it may not be important. I just generally don't like to let stuff freeze, but if it comes down to choosing between a mess or freezing then they can freeze.