Sunday, January 2, 2011

A bit of a rant about police and guns

When you take a job you plan on doing it to the best of your abilities. If you lack abilities then you should hurry up and fix that, or work on the ones you have but are deficient at.

One minute after I posted my last blog entry I read an article about a police shooting in which the police were quoted as saying many, many shots were exchanged. This is absurd. If the police can't hit what they are aiming at then they shouldn't be allowed to carry guns, and if they are shooting without aiming then they shouldn't be allowed to even touch guns.

This particular shooting was in a trailer park, so there are bound to be bullet holes in several houses in the area. Police should be protecting people not putting them in danger. If they can't hit what they are aiming at don't give them guns!

I take pride in my work and my abilities to do it. Every police shooting I read about involves many shots fired and few hits. The police should take more pride in their work and get better at it. Shooting a person may not be a fun job but it is one they agreed to do. Do it right.

No comments: