Saturday, November 6, 2010

More discussion about my dreams

Most of my dreams fall into the category of adventure dreams. They are very long and usually have me exploring a old buildings of a society long gone. Usually I am with a group of people, and the dreams leave me with a sense of belonging and adventure.

The next most common dream I have usually has me looking for a bathroom. In this sort of dream I am always alone and lost in a very active building full of people I don't know. The bathrooms are always very public (like toilets sitting in the hallway sort of public) and I won't use them so I am trying to find a hidden bathroom somewhere. These dreams leave me with a sense of being not part of society.

On rare occasions when I am physically cold I have bad dreams. These are vague and scary. They usually leave me with a desire to hide under the bed.

The rarest of dreams for me are the fragmented, confused dreams that people are supposed to have. I get these if I am too hot or sick. They never make any sense and I rarely remember anything specific about them. Fortunately they don't happen often.

So why did I write this? I don't know. I have always been interested in dreams. I don't think they mean much. If anything I think my dreams show I have a need to be part of a group and feel accepted. They also show I like adventure and wandering around ruins of old civilizations. But hey, who doesn't?

Does anybody have any dream stories they want to share?

2 comments:

Misti said...

I tend to have "episodic" dreams. The kind that come back with variations or continue over many nights.

When I was younger I used to have dreams similar to your bathroom adventure -- in one, I was driving a car on an expressway through a big city. The problem was, I didn't know HOW top drive -- and I was too short to reach the gas and the break! I couldn't stop and I couldn't control the speed and I was terrified! It went away when my life got less "out of control" and I actually learned to drive (at 30)

The other is a school dream, where I find myself at school on final exam day ... but it is the first time I have realized that I am enrolled. I don't know where my classroom is nor what will be covered on the final, but I MUST find the room and I MUST take the test. That hasn't happened in a long while, either. But both of those happened very frequently when I was younger ... like several times a week in some periods over 35 years.

Unknown said...

On very rare occasions I will have school dreams, but it is super rare.

I would tend to lump both of those dreams together. Lost and have to do something you can't. Neither is fun, I like the adventure dreams better.