Saturday, February 5, 2011

Miscellaneous thoughts

I am feeling better today. I don't have anything profound to say but will post some miscellaneous thoughts.

I am rereading a story where many of the characters believe in absolute knowledge. They are so certain that what they know is the only way things could be that they are doomed when they can't adapt. I have never understood how people can become convinced that what they know is all there is too know but I have met such people in the past. A very odd thing.

I was reading a (probably fictional) account of an American woman first learning that Canadian women have equal rights with men in that they are allowed to go topless. I have never understood how the laws discriminating against women in this respect have lasted this long in the US.

This years winter has been bad for areas as far south as Texas. We really should do something about winter. Maybe we should outlaw it.

Speaking of outlawing things how is that war on drugs coming? I hear you have to go two whole blocks to be able to buy drugs now. Or you could go to almost any store and buy alcohol, which is a legal drug. Another oddity I don't understand. Surely the government learned something from prohibition. You can outlaw things all you want but if people want something they will find a way to get it.

Enough for now. Maybe I will have a coherent post later.


No comments: