Sunday, April 5, 2009

Too much to learn in one lifetime

Today I saw some people making arrow heads from flint, glass, and agate. There was also a man making a bow, starting with a piece of wood. Like everything I see I want to immediately jump in and try it, but my garage and basement already have many things that I am trying to learn. There just isn't enough time in one lifetime to learn all of the cool things that people do. I want to learn metal working, welding, flint knapping, bow making, fire works making (cool but dangerous), electronics, and many many other things. But we have so little time in life to learn.

I have spent my life learning how to design software and databases, and I don't regret it. I have made a lot of people happy with my designs and in return have made a good living. But I do regret not having the time to learn so many other things.

No comments: