Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ethics

I have been doing a lot of thinking about ethics lately, and haven't come to any solid conclusions. I think treating others fairly and as nicely as possible is the ideal, but it is also a concept that is at odds with the "natural order" of things (survival of the fittest and all that).

I need to do some more thinking, and will update this post when I can. I have been a bit busy surviving lately.

=======================

Well after a great deal of thought on the subject I can't find any absolutes. It all comes back to do the best you can.

I had hoped to be able to find some universal way of looking at things, but the only way to know that you are doing the right thing requires perfect knowledge and that is impossible.

So I guess I will have to give up on this subject and move on to others.

No comments: