Saturday, March 5, 2011

Politeness seen as lack of interest or as a weakness

Sometimes people mistake politeness as a lack of interest or as a weakness. Just because I don't stare at your breasts does not mean I am not interested, I might just be polite. Just because I don't assert myself at every instance doesn't mean I am afraid of you, I might just be polite.

This is one of those "first impression" type of things that annoy me. You should not make grand assumptions on first impressions. First impressions are often wrong. You should reserve judgement until you know more about a person or situation.

I guess this is one of my shorter posts. I really don't understand why people would make grand assumptions based on little evidence, I just know that they do and that they often mistake politeness for something else.

No comments: