Sunday, December 26, 2010

Some random stuff

I have been trying to blog for a couple of days now but I haven't been able to come up with anything to say. Christmas is over, that makes me happy because I don't like the crowds. My niece Tracie had her baby and is doing well, that also makes me happy. But neither is something that I have done, just things that have been happening around me. I prefer to blog about things that matter to me rather than my day to day doings because my life is fairly boring.

So let's see, what can I say .....

Gambling is fine as a recreation but if you see it as a way to make money then you are wrong. There is no way to make money by gambling, only lose money.

I think self sufficiency is a good idea, I just wish I could be a bit more self sufficient myself.

Speaking of self sufficient, I see marriage as a good thing. Couples often complement each other as far as skills go which means a couple can be do more than an individual can. I could really use a wife to keep me organized, a skill I lack.

Perfection is impossible but that doesn't mean we shouldn't get as close as we can. I see a lot of people settling for "good enough". That is a fairly lousy attitude to take with life. Take some pride in yourself and your work and do the best possible.

I am fairly amazed at how few people read now. It is kind of disconcerting. But I guess that is how it is. I wonder if people will read more in the future? It may come back around some day.

I guess that is enough randomness for now. Maybe soon I can come up with something important to say.

No comments: