Saturday, July 3, 2010

With some people you can't win I guess

As the two of you that actually read this know I have a lady that comes in to clean every week. She doesn't normally do cleaning but she knows me from work and cleans to help me out. She is close to my age and we like to talk. Today I noticed that when she talks to me she always has her hands near her face. I thought that was odd, when I see her at work she doesn't do that. After thinking for a few minutes I realized she was using her arms to cover her breasts. Now this bothers me because I take a lot of care in not looking at women's breasts. When talking I look at their face or to the side.

I don't think I have ever given her reason to be uncomfortable around me. I have been careful to never stare at her, I clean the dirty clothes out of my room before she cleans, I have been very careful about what I say, etc. Yet she is clearly uncomfortable around me. I find this very frustrating. Sure it may have nothing to do with me, she may be this way with everybody. I still find it annoying that I haven't succeeded in making her comfortable.

1 comment:

Misti said...

Yeah, you're right...with some people you can't win.

I suspect she's that way with everyone--I get the impression she's had a hard life, and there's no telling what that may involve.