Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Life and stuff

I haven't blogged in quite a while. It has been a rough summer.

I joined a Tai Chi class which I really liked, but had to drop out because of pain. My legs just can't handle the bent knee posture required. Perhaps in another 6 months or a year I will try again, after I have built up my knee and leg strength.

Work has been rough, fortunately I have been able to stay employed although we did have to do a few weeks of furlough. I am hopeful that the worst is over and I can continue to stay employed, but we had to lose a lot of good people and the workload is going to be tough once they start producing cars again.

The only groundbreaking thing I have achieved all summer was in a dream. For the first time in 50 years I saw the sky in a dream. Up until now all of my dreams have been indoors or in heavily wooded areas, but once this summer I dreamed of being outside and actually looked up and saw the sky. Not an earthshaking accomplishment, but it has cleared up an odd omission that has been going on for 50 years.

I have accomplished a few things this summer. Minor things like cleaning up the garage and getting some house repairs done. But even minor things are better than nothing.

I have also done some cool things at work, but can't discuss them due to confidentiality issues. The work led in some interesting directions and gave me some new insights into database design. I have some hopes that I can write about some of the insights in the future.

No comments: